ALEXANDER KASHPURIN is a concert pianist and piano teacher living in St. Petersburg
Music is the most important element in Alexander Kashpurins life from a young age.
He used to sing at home from a young age and soon joined the professional boys' choir of St. Petersburg. The almost daily rehearsals of this choir and the European tours were a feast and inspiration for Alexander.
When he received a piano at the age of 8 he became immediately passionate about this instrument and music took an all-embracing central role in his life.
When he was 12 years old, Alexander was admitted to the St. Petersburg Music Lyceum and joined the piano class of Irina Lobikova. He continued his studies at the Rimsky-Korsakov St. Petersburg State Conservatory in 2014.
In 2019 he graduated 'summa cum laude' for his mater degree and continued this graduation by the "Post Graduate Performance Course"
In 2020 Alexander started the Specialist Degree "Artistic Direction of Symphony Orchestra and Academic Choir".
Alexander is currently affiliated with the lyceum of the conservatory of St Petersburg as a teacher.
Laureate of several International and Russian competitions
In 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 Alexander was a winner of the Young Talents Award of the Government of Saint-Petersburg.
First prize winner of several competitions
In 2013, at the age of 15, Alexander won the 1st prize and the special prize of the 9th Chopin Golden Ring International Competition of Young Pianists in Slovenia.
- the 3rd all-Russian S. Bendizky Piano Competition (Grand Prix and special award recipient);
- the 7th J. Vitols International Piano Competition (Grand Prix and special award recipient);
- two-time winner of the all-Russian competition Young Talents of Russia in the category "Musical Art".
- the VIII International Čiurlionios Piano Competition in Vilnius, Lithuania: First prize and 2 special prizes including a solo concert performance with the Lithuanian National Philharmonic.
- the 1st International Russian Music Piano Competition: First prize and 3 specials prizes.
Performs as a soloist and chamber musician
Alexander has toured the Netherlands, Germany, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Poland, Austria, Spain, Bulgaria, Mongolia and China, Italy, Greece, Morocco, Azerbaijan, Tanzania.
Alexander collaborated with various conductors including G. Rinkevičius, Z. Gugkaev, M. Fedotov, A. Kantorov.
Masterclasses include: Willem Brons (Netherlands), Tamas Vasary (Hungary), Cyprien Katsaris (France), Dmitri Bashkirov (Russia), Gotlieb Wallisch (Austria), Daniel Pollack (USA), Alexandra Tuerk-Espitalier (Germany), Alexander Sandler (Russia).
Photo Daniil Robovsky